The default password policy for a Privia server is:
Enforce password history: disabled
Minimum password length: 6 characters
Passwords must meet complexity requirements: enabled
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least six characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
The password policy for a server can only be changed by someone with direct access to the server. For Privia hosted systems this is through the Privia customer support organization. For customers that host their own server this would be through the customer's IT department that is operating the server.
Changing the password does require a server reboot to make it take effect.